Sunday, July 29, 2007

There are birthdays and there are birthdays~


It's been a full on week and I couldn't wait until the weekend was here to even catch up on some sleep. Ha~


I still had to wake up early to have a late birthday celebration with some close friends of mine. We decided to go to Alice Kuih in Thornleigh. A well known Malaysian restaurant in the Sydney circle whose owner is from Klang. She makes good kuih too. Check my food blog on my review.


Only problem was that it is so far away. We took the train and it took 50 minutes to get there. Fortunately, we didn't have to wait long for our food to come. Happy and satisfied minutes ticked away as we savoured our long lunch.


We even chatted with Alice and she gave us some of her kuih for free. Yippee..


Time to take the train back to the city and that was another 50 minutes. Funny thing that train rides are. I noticed this dude who was on the train when we were on our way there. When we took the train back like 2 hours later, saw the same dude coming onto the train and into the same carriage again. Talk about coincidence.

Got me some birthday cake back in the city, as you can see, it is "Matcha" cake. Yummy~ it was good although I wish that it was a tad sweeter to satisfy that sweet tooth of mine.

I suddenly realised when i got a few peeps messaging me that I had another colleague of mine whom I've known since uni who is having a birthday + going away party tonight! I totally forgot, scrambled to organise things and arrange transport and off I go to another party.

It was funny to see when our of our workmates decided to tease this couple that was there. She started hugging the BF and not let go. Next thing you know, the GF ran over in a dash and pull them apart going "What are you guys doing!". Funny stuff!

Party ended and the few of us who felt that we needed to replenish our strength trotted off to grab a bite. By the time I got home, it was nearly 4am. There goes me trying to catch up on some well deserved sleep and rest.

Have a good weekend everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy cake kay jean...
and was that train thing coincidental or what - i thought that sort of thing only happened in small places like brisbane =)

sarynkay said...

Haha~ I know...and he was easy on the eyes too....=P