Saturday, April 14, 2007

Quarter-life crisis?

Do you sometimes just fall into an uneasy mood and random questions creep into your mind?

I've always loved Australia, especially Sydney. After 4 years, things were starting to settle into a routine.

However, after my trip to HK and Japan, I just really missed those two countries and suddenly I feel like "what am I doing with my life?" Stuck in a job that is not my passion and yet not sure what I want to do next.

Perhaps it's also because I am far away from friends that I have known for ages as well as things and entertainment that I like that is really hard to find here.

Coming back from my long holiday and leaving to another state in less than 48 hours for a week due to work probably took its toll on me as well.

And I have to get started on an assignment that I might not need to do in the end!

So many things in my life that I want to do that has been placed on hold for so long that more choices creeps up in the meantime which leaves me in deliberation even more.

I really miss my friends, the entertainment and lifestyle in HK, the friendly people and food in Japan! Hmm...is this what you call a mid life crisis?

Considering that I am only in my twenties, it's probably known more as a quarter-life crisis.
That feeling where you just suddenly pause and take stock of your life that has been wonderful before and suddenly, a feeling of emptiness or a hole in your life as if something is lacking!
At the moment, I just have too many things to do to think about this...perhaps in a while.....

No comments: