Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Toilet Manners

Have departed Shanghai and am now in a city called ‘Zhang Jia Gang’. It’s definitely a really small city. Requested for a non-smoking room of which they don’t have any more available unless I upgrade to a bigger room. For an extra 7 quid, am happy to pay that so that my lungs will be happy. It is a really nice room and the amount of space and amenities is much better. On my second night, I even received a little ducky key chain. So cute!





There is definitely more room and space in ZJG. Shanghai is just massive and the amount of people is just incredible. What puzzles me is that in a city with tons of people, everyone seems to walk really slowly. What is more annoying at times is groups of 3 or 4 people who link arms together and occupy the entire pedestrian walk area and because of their slow speed, they are seriously causing human traffic jam here. Yet, they are so oblivious to the jam that they are causing!

Another amusing incident was going to use the ladies in a hotel. Very posh décor and the door to the cubicles were made of glass. It’s not entirely see through as the glass was shaded in alternate stripes so there is still a bit of privacy. Imagine my surprise when I open the door to the ladies and there was another lady in a cubicle who didn’t even bother shutting her own cubicle door. I have no idea what was going through her mind when we glanced at each other for a few seconds while I walked to an empty cubicle.

I never thought that I would say that toilet manners need to be taught!

No comments: