Sunday, June 22, 2008

Good Food & Wine Show 2008

I mentioned earlier how excited I was with the Good Food & Wine Show and how I was hoping to meet Gordon Ramsay.

The day finally came and I woke up bright and early before the show started so that I can get me some tickets to see his live demonstration.

There were already hordes of people there and I was worried about not being able to get any tickets. Thankfully, after some minor mishaps with the ticket lady (she over charged me!), I finally got some tickets and M and I proceeded to enter the show. As our tickets were for his 3.30pm show, we planned to check out as much as we can (i.e. eat and drink) before his live demonstration.

M kept saying that we shouldn't wait till after his show to go for the book signing. So we headed off looking for the book signing area. We were going round and round and not sure where to go until I suddenly spied this.


Eagerly, we started following the foot prints!


There was already quite a queue when we finally found it at like 10 minutes into the opening time.


Started talking to one of the book sales lady and she said that it was a good idea to come for the morning book signing session as this was the only one that Gordon is extending to 1 hour instead of the usual 30 minutes. There were a lot of disappointed people who queued up who didn't manage to get their books signed within the 30 minutes.

M and I eagerly waited in line.



While waiting, I had plenty of time to look at what was around me.



Finally the time came and Gordon appeared and the queue started moving. Half an hour into the session and it wasn't our turn yet. I was thanking my lucky stars that this session was an hour. Otherwise, I had to continue queueing again and won't get to walk around and check out the stalls.



Finally it was my turn and I became SPEECHLESS! I can't believe it, I was star struck and couldn't think of anything to say. =(


Sigh....I never had any luck with book signing sessions or when I attended my one and only celebrity signing session!

M and I were famished after that and we headed off to get some lunch. For the rest of the day, we came across some interesting stalls and food.



A mascot for a Tupperware! What else....




This stall was quite interesting. You place this sachet in the fridge and it helps to keep your veges and fruits lasts longer. I had to buy one and try.



I never thought that I would see this but an actual human vending machine. Give him your money and you will receive your product with the other hand. Freaky!

I had a great time and we only left at closing time. I seriously doubt 1 day is enough as we spent that just going through stalls and celebrity demonstrations. We didn't even get to go for any of the other food demonstrations.

Do check out my food blog for all the food and drink pictures!

No comments: