Monday, September 29, 2008

Leaving to my new home...

Finally, all my bags are packed and I am en-route to London via Tokyo. Can’t wait. The only minor drag is that I have to lug an overflowing luggage of 30kg with me to Tokyo. =(

The flight to Tokyo wasn’t all that great. I got one of those old Japan Airways flight where the entertainment system is not even up to you to choose when you want to watch the movie. Not to mention that I was automatically assumed to be a Japanese and was given an immigration card that was entirely in Japanese. As much as I am flattered, it doesn’t help, as I don’t even know what to fill other than some words here and there that I could make out.

Finally arrived at Tokyo airport and was on the train on the way to Shibuya where our hotel was. It started raining when we got there and we couldn’t quite figure out where the hotel was. Hailed a cab and it was quite an adventure trying to get the cab driver to understand the address in English. In the end, we managed to get the cab driver to call the hotel (thankfully we had the hotel number with us) and we got there safely in like 5 minutes. was soo close but lugging heavy luggages with empty stomachs and trying to find the hotel at night wasn’t our cup of tea.

The hotel room was great! There is even a washing machine and cutlery and cooking utensils. It was more an apartment than a hotel. At the lobby, managed to find another map that was so clear and detailed with directions to the hotel from the train station. What is the point of providing that when your guests have already found the place?!?! This map should have been shown on the website rather than the vague looking one we had. So if anyone is interested in this hotel (which I do recommend), please use this map!

With our hands clear of luggages and heavy items, we were able to make our way for dinner. Ended up in a western-ish restaurant. Of all places, trust my friend TB to end up picking that in Japan, haha! Check out the review here. No clubbing tonight for us as we rest our weary minds and bodies in anticipation of a full day of shopping ahead.


Update: I know it took me ages to update my Tokyo trip but it was busy busy settling in a new country and new job. Better late than never though. Please go here for the continuation.

No comments: