Sunday, February 28, 2010

Happy Chap Goh Mei!

Happy Chap Goh Mei!

I am fortunate to be able to celebrate the last day of Chinese New Year in a land where CNY is the biggest festival/event for the year, China!



I was even served the much missed 'Yee Sang' which is an annual thing that is done primarily in Singapore/Malaysia. Thanks Singapore Airlines!


 
Arrived the day before and red lanterns and banners are everywhere with festive wishes/sayings written on them. I went about looking for one of my favourite food, 汤圆!

I was taken by a recently became local for some home made Shanghainese food for lunch and my favourite restaurant for dinner. I am so stuffed I seriously need to squeeze some gym time in. The restaurants also gave complimentary 汤圆 when requested. Review here.

Managed to cover some local tourist highlights as well including getting some tailoring done. Think shirts, trousers, qi pao, cashmere coats. Review here.

It's back to work tomorrow now but hope everyone celebrated well.

No comments: