Friday, February 9, 2007

Bye bye thongs!

I was having a really good day today with the weekend to look forward to and work running at a relatively easy pace today. Finished work earlier than usual and happy to come home with the sun still up! Then, as I was getting off the bus at my stop to walk home, my THONGS (a.k.a flip flops) broke! The strap came off and my beloved thongs of 3 years is no longer wearable. Tried walking home but you know how hard it is to even walk a few steps when your shoe breaks! Luckily I had my work shoes in my bag and I changed into that to walk home.
Now, I need to resume my quest again on finding the next perfect pair of thongs and it is not going to be easy. Do you know how hard it is to find a pair of thongs where the little strap that separates your big toe from the other toes is slim enough so that it doesn't chafe your skin when you walk?
It is mighty hard and this is the land down under, where the beach and thongs are in abundance.
Expensive brands, cheap brands....and I still haven't been able to find another one with a slim strap!

No comments: